The beauty of our brokenness

Mainstream pop and rock music discussions
musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: The beauty of our brokenness

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 pm

OneWayRawk wrote:You said that you don't think I'm a bigot so you think that by what I have stated that I seem prejudice?

I think you have some fundamental opinions that are very different from mine. But I'm still getting to know you so, we'll see.

OneWayRawk wrote:I don't have "gay friends" but I do know gay people---I do have a gay person in my family----he lives in Florida.

How well do you know him? Do you hang out at family gatherings? Talk on the phone? Have you ever told him what you think of homosexuality? How did he respond? Does he enjoying talking to you? Could you maybe become friends in the future if you talked to him more?

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 pm

How well do you know him? Do you hang out at family gatherings? Talk on the phone? Have you ever told him what you think of homosexuality? How did he respond? Does he enjoying talking to you? Could you maybe become friends in the future if you talked to him more?

We grew up around each other as kids for awhile but then once we became teenagers in our late teens we kinda just drifted apart I guess if you want to do that. Not because of anything in particular it just happened.

We don't really hang out at family gatherings because my Dad's side of the family don't get together really---My mom side of the family gets together alot but my Dad don't and he is on my Dad's side.

I havent sat down and told him that homosexuality is wrong because I havent really seen him except the "Oh Hey" at the Grocery store here and there in a blue moon----

When we talk we usually catch up on how Sara and I are doing or Evan or where he is living at---

I think we are friends now whether we speak or not------when the time is right and the subject comes up I will tell him my beliefs in a loving way-----but I'm not going to just call him (though I don't even have his number) and tell him he is going to hell or he will just tune me out.

Again you have to witness to people in a loving way and they will tend to give you more of a listen when you do so.

musicmonkey
Founder

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm

OneWayRawk wrote:Again you have to witness to people in a loving way and they will tend to give you more of a listen when you do so.

I agree - "Even if you're right, you're wrong if you're not humble" - http://www.jesuscreed.org/?p=520

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Well I'm glad that we finally agree on something! lol

musicmonkey
Founder

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Where we differ greatly is that I do not think affording same sex couples hospital visitation rights means that you don't think they are sinners. Smokers get hospital visitation rights with family and yet smoking hurts our bodies / temples. Using your rational, by not punishing fat people, are we saying gluttony is not a sin?

Return to “Popular Music”