The beauty of our brokenness

Mainstream pop and rock music discussions
OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Re: The beauty of our brokenness

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Then how can you sit back and do nothing about obese people? Gluttony is not okay, it's wrong. Smoking is also wrong. Divorce is also wrong. Why are you not lobbying Washington about those issues?

If the situation came up in the voting booth then I would but so far its only been Gay Marriage.

Why are you supporting Gay Marriage when your faith saids that its wrong?

Thats the real question.

Don't play Obama on me either and try to make everybody happy---your suppose to go with your religious beliefs---that makes who you are.

If you don't stand for something David then you will fall for everything.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:26 pm

OneWayRawk wrote:If the situation came up in the voting booth then I would but so far its only been Gay Marriage.

If you believe divorce is wrong, then just because it's no longer a hot button issue in the White House doesn't mean you should do nothing about it. If you really believe it's wrong, then you should stand up for it, write your government, etc.

OneWayRawk wrote:Why are you supporting Gay Marriage when your faith saids that its wrong? Thats the real question.

Because I believe that same sex couples should be allowed to visit each other in the hospital and receive health/death benefits, tax breaks, etc.

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:32 pm

If you believe divorce is wrong, then just because it's no longer a hot button issue in the White House doesn't mean you should do nothing about it. If you really believe it's wrong, then you should stand up for it, write your government, etc.

Here is the reason why:

I see Marriage as not a sin----now if a person is being beaten to death everynight then I don't think that person should stay married to that spouse.

Gay Marriage is wrong from the get go---

You can't excuse it no matter what kind of "WHAT IF" question you come up with but at the end of the day its a sin and you know it.

There is no way around it.

Its time to get off the fence.

"Because I believe that same sex couples should be allowed to visit each other in the hospital and receive health/death benefits, tax breaks, etc."

But you don't believe in Gay Marriage----so if you don't go along with it then why support it?

I know you are going to say your above answer but like I said you are compromising sin and thats wrong.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 pm

OneWayRawk wrote:I see Marriage as not a sin

I'm not talking about marriage. Malachi 2:16 says that God hates divorce. I think you're sitting on the fence about it.

OneWayRawk wrote:But you don't believe in Gay Marriage----so if you don't go along with it then why support it?

At the very *minimum*, I think same sex couples deserve the same rights, privileges and tax breaks that heterosexual couples get. My brother and his wife lived together (in sin) for 10 years before they got married. My brother went to the hospital before they got married and his girlfriend at the time (now his wife) was allowed to visit him. So that's the minimum.

At the maximum, if same sex couples want to have a wedding, then that's fine with me too. Thousands of heterosexual atheists get married every day, some of them in churches. They take vows before a God that they don't even believe in. The word marriage means different things to different people. Christians view marriage as a covenant before God, but that's now how the court sees it. The court is only concerned with property taxes, benefits, etc. So if heterosexual atheists can remove the "covenant before God" part of marriage, then same sex couples should also be afforded that right. We no longer live in a Christian world. In fact most church goers are Christians in name only.

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm not talking about marriage.

I know your talking about divorce but to get to divorce you have to enter into marriage which is not a sin.

Gay Marriage to begin with is wrong.

I think something should be done about divorce to be honest with you---people don't treat marriage the way that it should be treated---i think if there was some penalty (Spelling may be wrong) that would actually make people think twice about what they are doing.

We no longer live in a Christian world. In fact most church goers are Christians in name only.

I agree with you 100%

Return to “Popular Music”