The beauty of our brokenness

Mainstream pop and rock music discussions
OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Re: The beauty of our brokenness

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:15 pm

And what if in this hypothetical world people who didn't keep their marriage commitments went to jail? i.e. divorced people

They say that 50% of the people that get married these days end up getting a divorce---so it would be whatever that amount is that gets marred a year half of that----

Thank goodness that Jesus doesnt just end up locking us up but that he came to set us free!!!!

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 pm

So let me get this straight. God hates divorce, gluttony is a sin, but the White House should not make any laws about it because fat divorced Christians are saved? Instead, the White House should stop gay people from visiting their partners in the hospital because what they do in the bedroom is a worse sin than divorce or gluttony?

I totally get it now. This way divorced gluttons and sloths in the South get to keep on sinning with their fat lazy asses while those faggots in San Francisco die alone in the hospital and their partners don't get any death benefits.

This sounds just like something Jesus would do. Wow! Thanks for sharing the gospel to me in this light. Maybe we should reinstate slavery in the South too! That way we can eat more and do less work.

Isn't it great to say the magic prayer! You just say it once and The American Hellfire Insurance Corporation gives you a permanent membership card. Brilliant! You get to go to heaven and still be an uncompassionate jerk on Earth. This sounds almost as logical as suicide bombers getting 10,000 virgins in paradise.

By the way, have you ever had any gay friends? I have gay friends. One of my gay friends wakes up crying in the morning. He's seeing a psychologist about it. I know other gay men who are alcoholics and sex addicts. I burn them CD compilations with good music. I never tell them that they are wrong. I just try to be a kind honest friend to them and leave the rest to God. I have enough sin in my own life to worry about.

And coming back to Christina Aguilera's song - words DO hurt.

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:02 am

So let me get this straight. God hates divorce, gluttony is a sin, but the White House should not make any laws about it because fat divorced Christians are saved?

Umm...yeah. Wow.

Ok you kinda lost me on that one.

I never said that the White House shouldnt make any laws because the fat divorced person was "A CHRISTIAN"----that never came out of my mouth.

What you asked me was if I thought that somebody who is fat should go in jail and I said "No"

Do I think that a Gay person should go to jail? NO

This way divorced gluttons and sloths in the South get to keep on sinning with their fat lazy asses while those faggots in San Francisco die alone in the hospital and their partners don't get any death benefits.

Again David I said that I don't think you should refer to Gay people as "Faggots"---I even used that word.

I didn't say that the "divorced gluttons and sloths in the south should keep sinning"

That never came out of my mouth. I said that Sin is a Sin and there isnt one worse than the other.

I even said that it was MAN who liked to compare sins---

Maybe we should reinstate slavery in the South too! That way we can eat more and do less work.

Umm...No. Those are your words not mine.

All I said was Gay Marriage is wrong---and somehow or another you come up with the idea that if I think Gay Marriage is wrong then we should reinstate slavery---

Weird.

Isn't it great to say the magic prayer!

AGAIN the prayer is not "Magic"

You get to go to heaven and still be an uncompassionate jerk on Earth.

I sound like a repeat record but AGAIN you will know a person by their actions---ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I burn them CD compilations with good music. I never tell them that they are wrong. I just try to be a kind honest friend to them and leave the rest to God.

Well good for you David----but David God also gave you a mouth to speak life into these people.

Make "Good" music all you want so you don't offend them and stay their friend.

Jesus didnt come on this earth to die on the cross for OUR sins just so you make "good music" and leave the rest to him.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:31 pm

By focusing on the specific details of my post (said, somewhat in jest since I don't think you're a bigot) I think you missed my bigger point.

So have you ever had any gay friends?

OneWayRawk
Major Contributor

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 pm

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding state of mind. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices even when these views are challenged or proven to be false or not universally applicable or acceptable.

You said that you don't think I'm a bigot so you think that by what I have stated that I seem prejudice?

I don't have "gay friends" but I do know gay people---I do have a gay person in my family----he lives in Florida.

Return to “Popular Music”