Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea

Discuss your favourite documentaries and historical films.
funguy
Contributor

Re: Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea

Unread postby funguy » Thu May 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Parke wrote:i guess to each his own. the intent of telling the stories of forgotten people and places is good, but the trailer doesn't entice me at all.

i'm with you...but i tell you, it's amazing to me how many old people in california think that retiring to "the desert" is a great idea. i wonder if people our ages will want to do likewise when the time comes?

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea

Unread postby musicmonkey » Thu May 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Parke wrote:i guess to each his own. the intent of telling the stories of forgotten people and places is good, but the trailer doesn't entice me at all.

I guess I have a twisted sense of humour. Afterall, it's narrated by none other than John Waters of Hairspray fame so it's obviously got his "transgressive cult film" edge to it. In other words, while it's a documentary it's a bit tongue in cheek, kinda like most reality tv shows these days. Sonny Bono (who starred in Hairspray, by the way) championed the restoration of the Salton Sea and brought the lake's plight to national attention when he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1994.

Return to “Documentaries”