The Leftovers 202 "A Matter of Geography" Discussion

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

The Leftovers 202 "A Matter of Geography" Discussion

Unread postby musicmonkey » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Synopsis: Kevin, Nora and Jill try to pick up the pieces in the aftermath of the Mapleton riots; Nora makes an impulsive choice; Kevin becomes entangled in the Murphy family's problems.

Just when you got us super interested in the Murphy family and the town of Miracle, you send us back to Mapleton with Kevin, Nora and Jill. I'm glad they picked up exactly where Season 1 ended to fill in the gaps. It seems that they're hinting at the possibility of a second departure with the researchers from MIT.

Enter Miracle. We get the Garvey's perspective of this town and see how strange this town really is, how desperate Nora is to feel safe, and how Kevin is increasingly going off the rails psychologically.

And then there's the apparition of Patti. If Miracle is where correspondence is made between higher and lower realms, then I'm thinking that Kevin is able to be in both realms even if he doesn't understand it and thinks he's going crazy. When he wakes up in the empty lake bed, I'm thinking he has crossed over to another realm during his sleepwalking episodes. His father says that he was cured when he began listening to the voices in his head so maybe Kevin will eventually start to listen to Patti.

Return to “The Leftovers”