The Walking Dead 601 "First Time Again" & 602 "JSS" Discussion

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: The Walking Dead 601 "First Time Again" & 602 "JSS" Discussion

Unread postby musicmonkey » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Yeah, I agree with you about introducing new characters or featuring background characters just to kill them off. I actually didn't like the earlier seasons much. The back half of Season 4 is probably my favourite right after the prison.

Since this show is heavily tethered to a comic book, they kinda have to stick to all the major villains in the comic whether they're flushed out as characters or not. I really didn't care for the Governor's arc.

I think they've definitely learned from their earlier mistakes and that's why the potential for Fear the Walking Dead seems much richer. Having said that, TWD has done a great job with Carol and even Sasha is growing on me. I'm also liking the new doctor. She seems like someone you would know in real life.

Anyway, I'm along for the ride, it's mostly popcorn entertainment for me. I prefer deeper shows like The Leftovers which gives me so much to chew on throughout the week.

This is interesting, it says that the world had embraced savagery but the Alexandrians can't imagine that world. It makes me think of how much 9/11 has changed the world. We now live in a world where we hear about suicide bombers and televised be-headings regularly on the news and 20 years ago, it would have seemed almost prehistoric. Perhaps that underlying sentiment, that barbarism exists even today, is what draws us into this savage television story as we try to come to terms with and cope with an extremely pluralistic and complex real world.

Return to “The Walking Dead”