Slumdog Millionaire - a discussion about the characters

Discuss your favourite films.
musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Slumdog Millionaire - a discussion about the characters

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire last night and cried throughout the film. What an incredibly moving story. This post contains spoilers so if you haven't watched it, stop reading and enjoy the trailer:

The central figure in the film is Jamal, the younger brother of two orphan boys living in the slums of Mumbai. As the story of their lives unfolds, many key events occur that shape their destiny and fate. The story of Jamal's older brother, Salim is actually quite sad. Both boys are fatherless and motherless but somehow Salim is mentored by the wrong men and believes that being a gunfighter is what a real man is all about. This is a recurring theme in the film and it takes you on an emotional roller coaster.

In keeping with the central theme of godsman.net, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the movie and also as it relates to your life. Did you have a father? What values were you taught about what it means to be a real man? My dad wasn't really an active participant in mentoring me but at least he modeled good values to me and my older brother.

Return to “Movies”