Swedish pop invasion! Peter, Bjorn & John and more...

Mostly independent music, lyrics, bands, singers and songwriters.
musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:28 am

Thanks for the Acid House Kings promo, John. Great little track and cute video. I'll definitely be checking out more of them. Please add more of your Swedish indie pop faves.

Amazon.com wrote:Combining the aesthetics of Kraftwerk with Motown girl groups from the 60's and musical influences from Burt Bucharach to The Smiths, Acid House Kings have created a classic album of timeless pop perfection. True to their Swedish origin, the Kings cannot hide a certain debt to the stylish arrangements and crystal clear melodies of ABBA.

I'm going to see Camera Obscura on Tuesday. The lead singer reminds me of a young Tracey (ebtg) Thorn. Here's their new video:

I used to listen to Lightning Seeds. What was their big hit back in the early 90s? Any Stephen 'Tin Tin' Duffy and the Lilac Time fans here?
Last edited by musicmonkey on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

catt
Major Contributor

Unread postby catt » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Camera Obscura actauly keeps with the swedish theme being the last record, lest get out of this country, was recorded in sweden.

i also like sambassadeur from Gothenburg,
Sweden
check it out

musicmonkey
Founder

Unread postby musicmonkey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:31 am

Thanks again.

I just heard that Tracey Thorn (one half of Everything But The Girl) has a solo album coming out next month called Out Of The Woods. Details, streaming audio and a video at her myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/traceythorn

Sambassadeur's pretty cool. More more more!

catt
Major Contributor

Unread postby catt » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm

more for sweden

my daughter likes this one

if mtv was as cool as this thread

musicmonkey
Founder

Re: Swedish pop invasion!

Unread postby musicmonkey » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:47 am

"She makes me remember tomorrow..."

Thanks to Nick at #1 Hits From Another Planet, I've discovered some great new tunes including The Attic - a pop-house duo collaboration of songwriters and producers topping Swedish dance charts. 'Remember Tomorrow' is quite the anthemic track with a timeless uplifting theme about looking forward to the future and forgetting the hard times of yesterday.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/atticsite

More from Sweden....

Bodies Without Organs - Sunshine In The Rain (Italo Mix)

In other news, I was at a late night bistro the other night and they were playing a mixed CD that had Acid House Kings on it... i asked the waitress and she said she just burned it herself. I didn't stay long and didn't recognize any other songs on her CD but it was a nice surprise. I'd have to agree with the dining review on this place though - "the waiters act as if they are doing you a favour by serving your table".

Return to “Indie Music”