Obama's Pig Remarks....

Unread postby OneWayRawk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 am

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: Obama's Pig Remarks....

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 pm

I haven't really been following the shock reality show down south ever since our own election campaign started last week and while no election is without controversy, I find that the Obama-McCain drama is getting way off topic.

Here's the way I see the pig comment. There's a common expression, "You can take the pig out of the sty, but you cannot take the sty out of the pig." The sty, in this example is the Republican agenda. Calling it by any other name like "Change" or "Mavericks", getting a pretty girl on the ticket, it's all just a veneer for the same Bush policies. I don't believe for a minute that it was a specific sexist comment towards Ms Palin herself. And to take it out of context is complete ignorance.

Ever since Hilary lost to Obama, the McCain campaign has begun "borrowing" Obama's "change" slogan among many other things. Call it borrowing, stealing or just manipulation, but I believe that Obama is simply trying to state that McCain can get a woman on his team like the Dems had Hilary; McCain can start using the "Change" slogan that Obama has used since the beginning of his campaign, but Palin is no Hilary and McCain's platform is still not change. That's the point he's trying to make.

Return to “United States”