What is Mere Christianity and why should I read it?

Study Guide for this C.S. Lewis book.
graham
Contributor

Unread postby graham » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:23 am

Lewis has a superb little chapter on the death of Christ in Mere Christianity - <a href="viewtopic.php?t=319">The Perfect Penitent</a>. Not your traditional understanding of the death of Christ - but really worth a read.

Only a bad person needs to repent: only a good person can repent perfectly!

Worth a read, for sure!

Luke
Major Contributor

Finally

Unread postby Luke » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:30 pm

I know this post about Mere Christianity was written way last year, it has only been this month that I have begun reading it!!!

It is a very logical book and i like the steps of logic Lewis uses in this book but it does mean I have to read it slowly and sometimes over again to understand.

I find that being able to put into words the intangible thoughts going through one's head, is a supreme help to me.

i also found it useful to ask the basic questions and not just the peripheral ones--to get to the core issue . Why does one think or say that? for example.

Luke

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:48 pm

That's awesome, Luke,

I'm glad that you finally picked it up and began reading it. I've re-read it many times, not always from cover to cover, but I like to re-read specific chapters every now and then. Perhaps you could go through the study guide I posted here and answer the questions for each chapter.

Luke
Major Contributor

Thanks

Unread postby Luke » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:03 pm

using those questions will be a real help, thanks David

Yeshayah
Contributor

Unread postby Yeshayah » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 am

My personal advice is all christians should read this book either agree or not youll will get something out of it i know this because Jack was a man of God
I know lots of pastors recommend this book and booh !! to those pastors who recommend Rick warren purpose driving cr*p i can't figure this book out ive read it and other friends too have and we still don't know the purpose of rick warren new age thought anyway every christian should stay away from this book

Return to “Mere Christianity”