The battle: Integrating the Word into comics

Fine arts, design, theatre and the performing arts.

Levels of acceptance of the Word intergrated into the comics and animations world

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 am

All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:01 pm

The works are pretty subtle and some are modern or abstract.
"U lost the race when u start thinking about losing. So dun stop running!"

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Pls post your view,urgent!(But pls read carefully b4 postin)

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:48 pm

As my sponsor's till doing the comic research.
There's a small debate on how the comic is going to be published.

Here's the crucial points:
1) As this biblical comic may be a pioneering version in Asia, though I knew its common in the west already.
2) Asian has a more traditional mindset readers.
3) As a visual version of the Word in Asia is as rare as pandas in China. Loyalty to the Word is more important than the creativity of the script. For example, draw the comic as close to the historical settling and reality of that time than making a futurstic version of it as it can be done in the west as there's many versions been laid.
4) As like pandas as an endangered species, biblical comics in Asia are the same too. As I may not who when the Lord will rise up another artist to do such stuff in Asia, esp to China, Jap, HOngKong and Korea. So it may be the first and also the last. So the version is very crucial.

My sponsor;Robin wanted the approach to be more humorous and dramatic. He feared that if it's too serious, the sale of the books may drop as a comic telling church history maybe dry.

But this upset me. Out in asia, there's comics telling the history on buddhism and taoism and yet the sales good. I don't see it this as a big problem.

What I'm concerned more is this two words "Pioneering version". It would be sad that the first version is too compromising;(humorous and toned down). I agreed with the dramatic part but not the humorous part.

I saw before futuristic versions of biblical or Christian comics in the west. I believe that can't be done in Asia yet when not even a version that's 100% loyal to the bible is published.

Robin had saw my first 5 espisodes. It was bluff, very direct, 100% loyal to history and the Word. The gore scenes like the stoning of Stephen and the worms eating King Herod. I drew exactly what the Word says without compromising whether is it too gory. My motto, "Drawing the truth comes first always. As there may not be a second version."

As this debate between me and Robin will greatly determine the outcome on how the comic is going to be out.

After reading this, please post ya views as I may gather them together to submit it to my sponsor, Robin. Please help me my indicating ya age too. As ya age plus comment will be crucial for the market research too. Thx lots.

And thx for all the prayers too.

(^^)v

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Haven't been visiting here for quite sometime. Jus a short update brothers. Presently, I'm working with my church with 2 other artist to produce a Jap anime style fairytale like gospel track.

Yeshayah
Contributor

Unread postby Yeshayah » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:41 am

Shine for Christ
Man you art in amazing You do such a great job in everything to the smallest detail i think if you wrote a comic serious of a biblical anime
God will bless you. Theres so many stories
Deborah and the Holy one's The Nazarites with there long hair
Numbers 6
Dude so many Revelation stories
Many of the old Covenant stories and New Convenant you can put together
Jerimiah 33:33 and Hebrews 8:8

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi Hows everyone! I havent been here for a long time.
I had been working hard currently as God have opened a door for me to be able to work in Japan.

Return to “Art & Design”