The battle: Integrating the Word into comics

Fine arts, design, theatre and the performing arts.

Levels of acceptance of the Word intergrated into the comics and animations world

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 am

All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:23 pm

These drawings are done in pencils from grades B-6B with paper stumps wioth a touch of charcoal on some very dark areas.

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Some characters from y biblical comic

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:04 am

As promised, here's some of my character designs for the production of my biblical comic series. As you see the characters, you will know which story I'm drawing. It's in long series. There's hundreds of characters to design. That's very hactic. Here are some to share.

Indeed, I faced a lot of trials and persecutions upon doing this comic. Financial hindrances, opposition of friends and relatives and so on, do keep me in prayer as this kinda long series biblical comics is never been done in Asia.

alex213
Contributor

Unread postby alex213 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:08 am

they are amazing,
it must be a huge job to do that, but very lovely Smile
never break the silence unless you can improve it

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:16 am

Ya! Very huge job. These are only the character design. It's really an energy draining job.

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Updates

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:22 pm

I had drawn pg 186 or on espisode 5 of the storyboard of the comic, son the section of King Herod Agrippa I killing apostle James.

I had sent the mock-ups books of esp 1-3 to my church zone leader to vet. He was awed by the books. His favourite section was in esp 3, the martyrdom of Stephen is 27 pgs long. Most comics jus portray his martyrdom only in jus 1-2 pgs but I even draw his whole sermon out in pictural form. Ha ha! It's the longest drawn sermon I drew so far. I was pretty stress out when he went around and show it to the Pastors and other higher leaders. Embarassed

I had showed the mock-ups to my cell leaders and cell members. I've a friend who's a theology student. He too was amused and the section on Stephen. He comment that I had brought Stephen to live in the comic showing his boldness in having his last sermon.

I got friends who like the section on the day of pentacost too. Where again was comment on bringing Peter to live in his way of preaching to the crowd.

I have prayed badly that I really need more financial provision over hthis project or else it cannot be continue. Sad

Return to “Art & Design”