The battle: Integrating the Word into comics

Fine arts, design, theatre and the performing arts.

Levels of acceptance of the Word intergrated into the comics and animations world

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 am

All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
All the way is the best! Don't listen to the comments of men but listen to God!
50%
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved word by word, phrase by phrase. But reduce the disturbing visions, despite it's described in the bible
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
The Word still must be preserved by in a summarized form. Reduce the disturbing visuals part.
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
ersThe Word be summarized form. Follow to closely may scare away the readers and view. And no disturbing visuals strongly!!!
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes
I don't support it. I don't drawing a biblical story in comics or animation will move the teens of this age. Unless it's compromised to their preferances.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Great testimony!

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:06 am

Just for an update, God's truly blessing me in my career of animation. Just about 1 and a half week, the managing director who's overseeing me and the rest of the colleagues, even unto the new batch had to leave back to homeland earlier to settle some family issue.
Then he assign me to take over his duties for the time being until a mentor came. Within a few mins, I rose up in leadership and influence to became 4th in authority in the campany, after my 2 bosses; couples and my managing director.
Suddenly, I became like Joseph or Daniel, giving suggestions and my view to the progress of all the colleagues to my boss's wife who's one of the boss as well.
Then, my church was having a building fund campaign soon to build a bigger church building as it's growing rapidly. The Holy Spirit had once again, prompted an amount to me to give.
Within a few days, I got a couple of jobs opportunies to increase my income to fulfill my giving. Praise the Lord for that!

Van

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Another update

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:14 pm

Now I had step down from the temporary managing role as one expert from Canadia had come to my office to mentor us. He had been in this industry for 25 years and had had work before with Disney, Warner Bros and pretty closely with Hanna Barbara.
If everything is going smoothly, this month will be my last month of training and I will be the main staff in the company with effect on the next month.
Indeed, the Lord is blessing me greatly behind all these. Glory give back to Him!

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:17 pm

Congratulations, Van! I hope all goes well with your job.

David

Shine for Christ
Major Contributor

Sharing

Unread postby Shine for Christ » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:03 am

Here's some of my animals sketches that I would love to share with ya guys.
David, thx for introducing photobucket for me.

For the biblical comic that I'm doing, I'm still compiling the storyboards. I will try to get my fren to scan some of the characters design to show all of ya. Having a preview. Hehe. Very Happy

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi Van,

Those are awesome. You're very talented. Is that charcoal? Glad you figured out photobucket.com

David

Return to “Art & Design”