Nudism, naturism, clothing optional beaches, skinnydipping..

An open forum for general discussion and random topics.
musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: Nudism, naturism, clothing optional beaches, skinnydipping..

Unread postby musicmonkey » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 pm

While we wait for mercuryotis to reply, I've got my own little story to tell. From around late May until early September each year, one of the Wonders of Canada (http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/nominees.html) comes to life - Wreck Beach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreck_Beach).

I took my new Austrian friend to Wreck Beach last week. He's here to learn English for a few months only. When we arrived, he was surprised that it was clothing optional. That day, it was probably 60-75% clothed for some reason. It can vary greatly depending on who goes, whether it's a weekend, the weather, the temperature, and even the time of day.

Anyway, I sorta left out that little bit about it being clothing optional because I figured, he's European and that's common all over Europe, right? Well, he had never been to one before so this was a completely new experience for him.

We found a log and put our towels next to it and cracked open a beer under the hot sun. After a beer, we were both feeling the heat from the sun and I suggested a quick swim in the ocean. He said he didn't have swim trunks. I reminded him that we don't need trunks here and without further ado, I dropped my drawers and waded into the (rather cold) ocean. He promptly followed suit (sans suit). Haha.

We chatted all afternoon about the meaning of life, marriage, girls, relationships, and all sorts of things like circumcision and nudity, etc. He even cracked a few jokes about the various shapes and sizes of some of the people on the beach.

I had brought a frisbee in my backpack and so later we played nude frisbee. It was really a fun day. We enjoyed our day so much that we went back the next day for more beer, skinnydipping, good conversation and nude frisbee and had a picnic lunch.

This week is back to school for him and back to work for me, plus it's been raining, but we both want to go back to Wreck Beach again probably on Saturday.

I have two other older male friends who have both been to Wreck with me last summer but we went at sunset when it was 95% clothed as they are extremely conservative and needed to be introduced to it more gradually. I'll be surprised if they come along with me and my Austrian friend this summer but will mention it to them and see how it goes. It would be nice to get a bigger group of my buddies all down there for some frisbee, skinnydipping, and beer.

I also have a francophone friend from rural Quebec visiting BC this summer and I mentioned it to him. He had never heard of Wreck Beach but is excited to check it out with me. He will be staying at my place for a day or two and arrives this Thursday evening.

Mercuryotis
Major Contributor
Quote: "If you can't be good, be careful."

Unread postby Mercuryotis » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:44 am

We just went this weekend to the camp and we had a great time. The original concern i had about complicating our relationship didn't happen. nothing seemed to change between us, although i was kind of surprised just how nice she looked. this may sound silly but being naked brought out her femininity. as for me it encouraged be a little more risk taking in my relationship with her, not so much in regards to sex, but mostly concerning my own emotional walls and defense mechanisms that have prevented me from being close to a woman, emotionally and physically. I think we are in a little better place now, but I'd rather give the credit to God who used the situation to our advantage, and not simply chalk it up to the laurels of nude recreation.

Luke
Major Contributor

Unread postby Luke » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Well David, finally returned and will post .

I would not have any problem with being nude with other people enjoying it as well. I guess I would prefer the company of other guys first. When one gets to the point in their lives when they accept themselves then they just feel comfortable being in their skin!

I have skinny dipped before and have laid out in the sun that way as well. Think it has to do with keeping it innocent and free from all the other hangups.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 am

Luke wrote:I would not have any problem with being nude with other people enjoying it as well. I guess I would prefer the company of other guys first. When one gets to the point in their lives when they accept themselves then they just feel comfortable being in their skin!

I have skinny dipped before and have laid out in the sun that way as well. Think it has to do with keeping it innocent and free from all the other hangups.

Hi Luke,

I agree. It seems like 25 is the approximate age where that happens on Vancouver's clothing optional beach. Those under 25 are shy and those 25 and over are much less so. I've brought a number of buddies to the clothing optional beach this summer. Some stayed full clothed, even with their shirts on in the hot sun sweating like pigs. One of my buddies even wore a jean jacket in the scorching heat! Others went for a skinnydip with me and played nude frisbee with all those dangly bits bouncing around and their hangups let go. I definitely think nudity can be a wonderful, clean, and even "healing" experience from all of our insecurities and baggage. But in the end, whether they stayed clothed or went naked, they all thought hanging out with me and my dangly bits, playing frisbee and talking about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness was a great experience under the setting sun. Anyone want to join me sometime?

I think confidence is enviable.

Share your stories...

Luke
Major Contributor

Unread postby Luke » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:09 am

David that sounds fun to me. It would get rid of lots of hangups and free the spirit , so to speak. Just to have some fun in the sun and not think about who is watching or whatever.
There is a time and place for most everything and a innocence.

Return to “Open Forum”