Spam free (for now)

An open forum for general discussion and random topics.
musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Spam free (for now)

Unread postby musicmonkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 am

Greetings and Happy New Year to you all. Despite upgrading the forums, spam has been incredibly difficult to stop. I've recently added extra spam protection measures to hopefully keep those elements away. I also deleted several hundred fake members who kept spamming us here with ads. This is the first day in ages where we've had no spam so I hope it will make it easier for all of us to find each other's posts here and look forward to seeing the site going again.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: Spam free (for now)

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm

I've just upgraded the forums to the latest version and fake registrations and spam seem to be much lower. If you are a legitimate member and have some restrictions on your account, please try replying to some topics. You can also now log in with Facebook and other social media with one click.

I've had to increase restrictions on new members to combat spam. Once you start replying regularly to topics any restrictions on your account should be lifted (i.e. private messaging, creating new topics, etc.)

Also, please check your junk/spam email folder as it may be something simple like confirming your email address.

Return to “Open Forum”