\\ General updates on life - an open thread //

An open forum for general discussion and random topics.
kimo
Contributor

Re: \\ General updates on life - an open thread //

Unread postby kimo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Hey Guy's,,just a line to say hello and let ya know i'll be away from the computer for about 2 weeks i think.....All of our children and 8 of our 9 Grandchildren will be arriving tomorrow for our long over due family reunion.....

And then ,,this evening we recieved a phone call that my wife's mother had passed away,she was 86yrs, living in Oklahoma,,but her ashes will be brought here for the memorial service,,,So this next week will be a hard one, but will get through it with Gods help.....My wife has been very,very sick and is not doing very well either....So, keep me in your prayers and i'll check in when possible......

Thanks and Blessings to all......your friend,,,kimo

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your wife's mother. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope your family reunion draws you closer as an extended family.

kimo
Contributor

Unread postby kimo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:39 am

Hello to all,,,,an update on this past 2 weeks...We had a wonderful family reunion and a great memorial for my wifes mother...We had 30 family members here at our home for 2 days, the memorial went very well and all the grandchildren partisapated...We had a house full for 2 weeks total..Everyone has went home now and all is quiet,,,the wife is still very sick and i have to keep a close eye on her.....

Had a great time with my son from Alaska,,it's never long enough. All of our grandchildren were here and it was wonderful..6 grandson's and 3 grand-daughters...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers,,,,Blessings to all ,,,,kimo

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi Kimo,

I'm glad you had a good time with your family. Sorry to hear your wife is still ill.

I had a lovely picnic and walk with my elderly parents and sister yesterday. My parents 49th wedding anniversary is in a few weeks. The big 50th is next year, not sure what we'll plan for them yet. We're not really a close extended family, so we'll see.

kimo
Contributor

Unread postby kimo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 pm

Musicman,,,,how come your not close with your family,,,maybe you should try to be more close,,your family should mean more than anything to you and sometimes we have to work on it,,,just like a marriage, it just doesn't happen you have to work on it everyday all your life as long as you both shall live....It's never easy but its worth everything you put into it...

I love my parents so much,they gave me life,,,i lost my dad 36yrs ago and he was my best friend,,i still miss him so much i can hardly stand it sometimes, my whole life changed when he died it has never been the same,now my mother is 84 yrs old and failing,i call her everyday in Texas just to hear her voice and tell her i love her....

You don't have to do alot for them,,,but being there is special to them and spending time with them and telling story,,family history,verbal and writing things down....I do it everytime i get a chance with any elderly family member....Tell your parents every chance you get that you love them,,,man it's so important.

Another thing,,,not sure how to say this.....not sure if i really fit in here, i come here to read what the brothers are posting so that maybe i can be of a help and i'm not allowed to go every where to try and keep up on whats being said...Maybe i'm just too old i guess....Been married 43 yrs and been in church all my life....I don't relate to all the things you guys talk about,,i try but? My experience is helping other men seek help where ever needed, marriage issues and otherwise....

Anyways,,,if i can't be a help then,,,,,,,

Take care and God Bless, i'll check another time or two and see what you have to say....

Return to “Open Forum”