What would Jesus do? : the death penalty

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: What would Jesus do? : the death penalty

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

the crane wrote:
neilinphilly wrote:I need to hang out with some Christian woman. Not as many get hung up in "issues" like this like guys do. Whew!

I take some offense to that comment. Perhaps you didn't know there is a woman on this forum.

Ha! Was that ever classic timing! Man, was that fabulous! LOL!

neilinphilly
Major Contributor
Quote: Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out

Unread postby neilinphilly » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 pm

musicmonkey wrote:
the crane wrote:
neilinphilly wrote:I need to hang out with some Christian woman. Not as many get hung up in "issues" like this like guys do. Whew!

I take some offense to that comment. Perhaps you didn't know there is a woman on this forum.

Ha! Was that ever classic timing! Man, was that fabulous! LOL!

Since we allow woman, be politically correct, the Site Admin. needs to change the name to Loving Each Other As "People." :lol:

catt
Major Contributor

Unread postby catt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:18 pm

So do we agree that belife in the death panalty as an option dose not make some less christian? also using christ as the reasion for elimating it in the law is the wrong aproch. i don't think canada did so to make there nation more like christ. though i do disagree with canada. some crimes are just to bad, it is not only a deterent but mostly it is punishment. a condemed mans debts can be paid with jesus but not with society at large

i would not like to be a govener and have to make such a decision

neilinphilly
Major Contributor
Quote: Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out

Unread postby neilinphilly » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:52 am

catt wrote:So do we agree that belife in the death panalty as an option dose not make some less christian? also using christ as the reasion for elimating it in the law is the wrong aproch. i don't think canada did so to make there nation more like christ. though i do disagree with canada. some crimes are just to bad, it is not only a deterent but mostly it is punishment. a condemed mans debts can be paid with jesus but not with society at large

i would not like to be a govener and have to make such a decision

I agree that being in agreement with dealth penalty does not make someone less of a Christian. We should err on the side of mercy, not judgement.

The real question here to me is what are we doing to speak the Good News into the lives of others? Are we ministering to the spiritual poor? Serving Christ by serving others? How do we put our love into action to give people hope in Jesus Christ and keep them from commiting these crimes?

Return to “Social Justice”