Blessed are the peacemakers

catt
Major Contributor

Re: Blessed are the peacemakers

Unread postby catt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:38 pm

i dident say anything about "peacekeeping" now thats a left buzzword

i don't think living under a tyrant, not being ablle to speek of trade freely is being at peace
(north korea any one?)

the last thing the opressed peoples of the worls need are idealistic blue helmet UN types, to keep peace that dosent exzist. or better yet prevent victoiry over opression
seems like people call it peace when it just men not staning up for what is right...
but thats me, the american cow boy!
ye ha!

on Canada i was comenting on its near bloodess seperation for the UK or its tranzition into commenwelth rather, and how the french and english fought a bit but realy not that mutch, back when they were all sortin things out. this cominng on the heels of the american civel war, far fom a peacefull conclusion you know....

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:18 am

Left buzzword, my ass. What's a right buzzword then? Freeing Iraq? Food for oil?

Did you even read what I typed?
So ending 30 years of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland is bad?
Fighting and killing is good?

You already went on for over twenty minutes with me on the phone about how you think that every Iraqi civilian should have been bombed to death including all Baghdad women and children. And this is Christian??? It's attitudes like yours that make me embarrassed to call myself a Christian. The word Christian has completely lost its meaning. It no longer means "like Christ".

Do you even care about any of the countries I mentioned that are going through war right now? War, violence and killing innocent women and children or letting others kill them is not Christian - "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" - Matthew 5:9

Maybe you should stop rolling joints on your Bible and start reading it instead. I know that the onion skin paper is tempting to use as a rolling papers but c'mon, dude. What part of Prince of Peace and Thou Shalt Not Kill do you have trouble understanding? Or did you smoke those pages already?

Jesus, protect me from your followers

And how is the formation of Canada far from a peaceful conclusion? For the record, French Canada and English Canada never fought and nobody was killed. How did the American Revolutionary War or the US Civil War have more peaceful conclusions?

The US has more murders per capita than almost anywhere except Colombia and none of your cities are very livable anymore because of the racial tension, socio-economic disparity, and innercity violence. Your prisons are busting at the seams and you all hide in your cars wasting Middle East oil too afraid to walk the city streets at night while you build more suburbs farther and farther away from your beltways. If you call that a peaceful conclusion, come visit Vancouver someday.

catt
Major Contributor

Unread postby catt » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:20 am

thats my piont on canada, the seperation was bloodless ( i think a couple people got axes here and there but nothing big in the end between the french and english)

maby im not the best writer (yes)

i was sayen the american civel war was far fome peacfull, it was on of the deadlyest wars of all time,

was just tryen to set you up of comenting on your history, not an attack...
roling the bible into joints? not nice Confused

a right buzzword would be liberty, selfdetermination, God.......... theres 3

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:05 pm

catt wrote:was just tryen to set you up of comenting on your history, not an attack...

Calling 'peacekeeping' a left buzzword is fighting words.

Check out http://www.histori.ca/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Canada for Canadian history.

My point is that peaceful solutions are always better than violence and that war should only be a last resort when every other peacekeeping measure has been thoroughly exhausted. This includes each country's foreign policy. We reep what we sow. Thankfully, some Republicans are finally realizing this and are finally looking at The Iraq Study Group Report.

'God' is not a right buzzword. God is neither Republican nor Democrat.

So how is killing every Iraqi civilian including women and children even remotely Christian?

catt
Major Contributor

Unread postby catt » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Return to “Peace & Conflict”