Tibet Separatist Movement is ridiculous

Wootage
Contributor

Tibet Separatist Movement is ridiculous

Unread postby Wootage » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:36 am

Honestly, guys this seems really silly to me, that it's causing such a firestorm. It shouldn't be, its almost like how Quebec wanted to seperate.

The only reason why its this big, is because the dalai lama is involved.
I suppose the media is to be blamed to, with the inaccurate presentation of this event along with a whole bunch of bandwagon jumpers. Even though their intention may be good, I think they just don't know enough and are just acting stupidly. It's ridiculous and jeopardizing the Olympics, which I think is a great thing to bring understanding between the east and the west.

And for all those silly supports, you seriously don't get the geopolicitics of that region. You can not just suppose that you can change things to way it is like exactly like your country. Somethings are easy to do in your country but not so in others, in many cases it might even be impossible, and vice-versa.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Re: Tibet Separatist Movement is ridiculous

Unread postby musicmonkey » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am

Wootage wrote:The only reason why its this big, is because the dalai lama is involved.

I disagree:

Wikipedia wrote:In response to the 2008 unrest in Tibet, the Dalai Lama said that he only wants greater autonomy for Tibet within China, not full independence, which he described as "out of the question"

Wootage
Contributor

Unread postby Wootage » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:52 am

The only reason why its this big, is because the dalai lama is involved.
I suppose the media is to be blamed to, with the inaccurate presentation of this event along with a whole bunch of bandwagon jumpers. Even though their intention may be good, I think they just don't know enough and are just acting stupidly.

Meaning Dalai lama is invovled + Western Media + Western bandwagon jumpers = FireStorm

If you don't agree with me on this please tell me how this got so big, what is the reason behind it.

Background info -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvD_P-5ZGE

Mercuryotis
Major Contributor
Quote: "If you can't be good, be careful."

Unread postby Mercuryotis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Hollywood definately likes the dalai lama. I think that has attracted the hollywoodesque media outlets to portray the situation as they did. Even though he Isnt technicly involved in the separatist movement he's an iconic figure that they continue to reference in their reports.

musicmonkey
Founder
Favourite TV Show: The Leftovers
Quote: Nevermind, it's pointless

Unread postby musicmonkey » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:53 am

Wootage wrote:Background info -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvD_P-5ZGE

Good documentary. I like that type of stuff and I agree that there is very little truth in media. When the US was planning to invade Iraq, I was reading up on Iraqi history and England tried the same thing about 50 years ago with she same results - a civil war that was the breeding ground that provided a vacuum that Saddam Hussein filled. History has repeated itself because we forget. History has repeated itself because we choose to believe the media over actual history. Anyway, I don't want to comment further on Tibet until I research the history a bit more.

Return to “Asia Pacific”